- About Funerals
- Songs & Poems
Rules, Regulations and Requirements
The funeral sector must comply with a wide range of legal requirements. We know and understand all the legal requirements relating to the arrangement of funerals and always ensure compliance.
- The Public Health Act 2010 (NSW) and the accompanying Regulations specify the manner in which a body may be disposed, be it burial or cremation.
- The Registration of Births, Deaths and Marriages Act 1995 (NSW) sets out the rules for registering a death, including the information that must be included with the registration.
- The Privacy Act 1988 (Commonwealth) sets out principles for collecting, sharing and storing the personal information that is gathered during the course of arranging a funeral.
- The Work Health and Safety Act 2011 (NSW) sets out the procedures for handling of bodies.
- The Funeral Funds Act 1979, which protects pre-payments made by consumers for funeral services through the registration of funeral funds, sets out what funeral directors are required to do with pre-payments.
- Consumer protection in relation to the funeral sector is overseen by NSW Fair Trading.
- Many local councils have regulations in place when it comes to organising a funeral, especially if they administer any cemeteries within their municipality.
- When a body is repatriated overseas the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs & Trade, as well as the government of the destination country (represented by their local embassy or consulate) will prescribe a range of requirements and request particular documentation.
Non-Attended Funeral (No Service, No Attendance)
Sometimes for cultural, monetary, or just preference, people do not wish to have a formal Funeral service but still wish to have the deceased persons remains Cremated or Buried but not have anybody in attendance.
Due sometimes to long distances between family members, it is becoming a more popular way for end of life choices. Please feel free to speak to us about this option which can also be pre-paid or pre-planned, in the case of having no close relatives or a legal representative as your Executor.