- About Funerals
- Funeral Poems
- Funeral Songs
- Funeral Insights
Whilst funerals are usually sad occasions, meaningful funerals can assist people to cope with their loss. Such funerals can be sources of strength, hope and peace and a celebration of one’s life. At Ian J.Arthur & Sons , we have the expertise to offer you a full range of services. We will discuss your preferences and assist you in planning an appropriate funeral service.
Decisions to make will include :
- When and where you would like the funeral to be held.
- The type of service you desire. If burial or cremation will follow the service (for many people this decision may reflect religious or ethnic attitudes and family traditions).
- The type of coffin you want.
- Whether or not there is special clothing you would like your loved one dressed in.
- Who you would like to be involved.
- What motor vehicles would be appropriate for the service.
- Writing and placing a death and/or a funeral notice in the newspaper.
- Alternatives to religious funerals.
- The choice of music or poetry for the service.
- Organising flowers, balloons, butterflies etc.
- Whether you would like to collect donations on behalf of the deceased.
- Preparing a eulogy.
- Stationery for the service (mass booklets, orders of service, bookmarks, remembrance cards etc).
- Catering after and before the Funeral.
All of the above items can be carefully structured in the arrangement to make the service memorable. Please also take the time to look at our FAQ’s for some more detailed answers on these questions.